- 4 cups sesame seeds
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a shallow baking tray and bake, shaking frequently, until fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- Put the sesame seeds in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Process to a smooth paste, about 5 minutes.
- Add more oil if necessary, to bring the paste to a thick pouring consistency.
- Tahini will keep stored in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator for several months.