Follow a Healthy Hair Diet:
- Eat a balanced amount of protein every day.
- Be sure to eat adequate amounts of iron and zinc.
- Don't cut fat out of your diet.
- Make sure you meet your recommended daily intake of Vitamin C.
- Take B vitamins to avoid hair loss.
- Have realistic expectations about your dietary changes.
Promote Growth by Minimising Stress
- Maintain good general health and avoid stress.
- Identify specific physical stressors.
- Learn how to effectively manage emotional stress.
- Be patient.
- Style your hair in moderation
- Avoid perming, crimping, chemically or mechanically straightening, curling, and bleaching or repeatedly coloring hair.
- Brush or comb hair no more than twice per day
- Do not use rubber bands to hold hair back or to style hair.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull hair tightly, such as cornrows and tight ponytails
- Choose hair products carefully and follow proper hair hygiene
- Other oils such as argan oils have been known to condition hair without leaving residue
- Trim your hair.